Yesterday Charley was doing what I like to call her "pee-pee dance" where she runs around the room bent in a contorted position, occasionally grabbing what we call her "Gina" (i.e her girl parts in case you didn't get it). This is the point at which I have to remind her to go potty, quick, before we have an accident. So she ran into the bathroom and asked me to come with her. As she was rapidly pulling down her shorts and underwear, she all of the sudden thrust her pelvis up against the toilet and proudly announced, "I am going to go pee-pee like Lane!!!!" Lane is Heather's son who is close to Charley's age and probably the kid that Charley spends the most time with. Obviously we try not to let her stand there and watch him go potty, especially since we are trying to teach her the concept of "privacy," but you know how it is at this age . . . they are curious and try to sneak peaks when they can. So obviously at some point she got enough of a peek to notice that Lane goes potty standing up.At this point, it was difficult for me to keep my composure, trying to not laugh so hard that I pee my own pants. Once I got myself together, we finally had to have the "you don't have the right equipment" conversation. She listened intently as she sat there on the potty, and I think it sunk in pretty well because later in the afternoon as I was taking her out of the car, she proudly announced, "Boys like Lane can go potty standing up because they have a peanut, but I can't stand up because I'm a girl and I have a Gina and I have to go potty sitting down." Smart girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment